6/06/2017

Ezekiel - Hope of Israel

37.1-14

Again, the people have sinned by worshipping other gods. Again, they are taken captive by the Babylonians. This time, there is a prophet among them – Ezekiel.
Ezekiel saw many strange things. However, the Lord used these strange visions like 4 faced creatures, bright light, rainbow, wheels below such unusual looking images (1.1-28) and then in C37, a “valley of dry bones.....”
When studying such strange sights, one must understand that these visions are symbolic of other meanings. In today's study we will examine the valley of “dry bones,” and in part, what the Lord wanted Israel to know about this vision the prophet spoke of.
Let's read:
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. (this seems to indicate they had been there a long time, just like Israel had been in captivity a long time.)
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest. (truly, only God knows if a dead sinner will every be “awakened” to the knowledge of the Lord Jesus)
4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. (Remember, the miracle is ALWAYS in the hearing – can a dead man hear? Only if the Lord wills it.)
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. (what a frightful sound and sight, to be sure...)
8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. (Only God gives the breath of life – religion may quote from the same bible you do but unless their darkened heart has trusted in the Lord Jesus – there will be no power/life to move according to the Lord's will)
9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. (Again, what an awesome sight to see life come into one's eyes that was dead before – so it is, with spiritual life – there's just “something different” about a real believer)
11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. (Here the Lord explains the vision – our only hope is in Him – you see, even in their captivity, He had not forgotten them – hope for all who believe)
12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. (Again, without the Lord one is dead – only God through the Lord Jesus by way of the Holy Ghost imparts spiritual life to a cold/dark heart)
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord. (Thus, the promise to bring them back to “their own land” for HIS glory! So, one day He will bring every believer to live with Him eternally – no more death, sorrow, disease, hurt, disappointment or crying...)

While students assemble skeleton – sing “Dry bones”

Dry Bones

Ezekiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
Ezekiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
Ezekiel cried, "Dem dry bones!"
"Oh, hear the word of the Lord."

The foot bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the head bone,
Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk aroun',
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk aroun'
Oh, hear the word of the Lord.

The head bone connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone connected to the back bone,
The back bone connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone connected to the leg bone,
The leg bone connected to the foot bone,
Oh, hear the word of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment