5/21/2017

Song of Solomon – my Beloved

What does love mean to you?

Webster's defines love as “in a general sense to be pleased with; to regard with affection.”
the word “love” is written 24X's in the 8 chapters of SOS.

Because God first loved us we can love others.
Questions –
  1. Does Jesus Love people?
  2. Do you know that God loves you?
  3. What did Jesus do to show His love for us?
  4. Who do you Love? (write on dry erase)
  5. Have you ever felt someone love you?
  6. How do you know that they love you?
  7. How do you let someone know that you love them?
  8. What does the Bible say about loving others?
  9. When you know someone loves you how does that make you feel?
Listen as we read the verse below: Do you love someone this way?

  1. 1.2 thy love is better than wine.
  2. 1.3 thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the (unmarried girls)virgins love thee.
  3. 1.4 we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love
  4. 1.9 I have compared thee, O my love
  5. 1.15 Behold, thou art fair, my love
  6. 2.2 As the lily among thorns, so is my love...
  7. 2.4 and his banner over me was love. Whose banner?
  8. 2.5 for I am sick of love. (sick means affected with disease)
  9. 2.7 nor awake my love, till he please
  10. 2.10 Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
  11. 2.13 Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
  12. 3.5 ye stir not up, nor awake my love
  13. 3.10 He made...silver,...gold, ...purple,... paved with love, for the daughters of Jerusalem.
  14. 4.1 Behold, thou art fair, my love
  15. 4.7 Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
  16. 4.10 How fair is thy love,... how much better is thy love than wine! ...ointments (and) spices!
  17. 5.2 I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice...my love,...
  18. 5.8 if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick (in need) of love.
  19. 6.4 Thou art beautiful, O my love
  20. 7.6 How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love
  21. 8.4 stir not up, nor awake my love, until he please.
  22. 8.6 love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave:
  23. 8.7 Many waters cannot quench love,...if a man would give all the substance of his house for love,


You can’t measure God’s love for us. – How many of you have ever gone to the beach? How many have stood on the beach and looked out as far as you eye could see and saw an end to the large ocean. No one can because the ocean is so large you can look and look and never see the end. Much like God’s love for us we see His love shown to us when He came to earth and died for our sins.



No comments:

Post a Comment